Microsoft Outlook is a personal information manager which is developed and designed by Microsoft. It stores all emails and various Outlook attributes such as RSS feeds, contacts, calendars, tasks, journals, notes, etc. Outlook stores all the data in a data file known as PST (Personal Storage Table). PST file makes easy accessibility of Outlook data. Sometimes PST file may get corrupted due to various reasons. If your PST file gets corrupted then the entire information becomes inaccessible and you can’t access those data. A Inbuilt Inbox repair tool is available in Outlook known as scanpst.exe which repair corrupted PST file. This tool sometimes fails to fix the PST file if the PST file is severely corrupted. In such circumstances, you need any repairing software that can repair your corrupted PST file. There are so many tools available online, but you can make use of Scan PST Repair Tool because this tool is reviewed and recommended by many industrial experts to repair corrupted or damaged PST file.
Scenarios which are responsible for corruption of PST file:
Virus Attack: Outlook PST file may gets infected from harmful viruses or malwares from network, virus infected devices, etc. These viruses may corrupt your PST file and makes your PST file inaccessible.
PST Header Corruption – PST file header maintain entire data in an organized manner. If header file get corrupted due to virus attack or improper termination of Outlook, then you can’t access the Outlook PST file.
Improper Closing of Outlook: While accessing PST file if your Outlook terminates improperly due to unexpected power failure or improper shutdown of system then it make your PST file inaccessible.
Storage Device Failure: If Outlook PST file saved on bad sectors of hard drive of your system, then some or entire Outlook PST file may get corrupted and makes your PST file inaccessible.
Other Reasons: Outlook up-gradation, oversized PST file, improper recovery, etc are some of the reasons responsible for corruption of PST file.
Some precautionary measures to be taken to avoid loss of PST file:
- Keep backup of PST file so that you can use it in emergency case if your original PST file gets corrupted.
- Use updated Antivirus on your system to make your system free from virus attack.
- Don’t terminate the Outlook improperly.
- Always try to accommodate your Outlook PST file within the allocated size limit of different versions of to avoid corruption of PST file.
Features of Scan PST Repair Tool:
- Scan PST Repair Tool repairs all Outlook attributes such as tasks, journals, contacts, RSS feeds, emails, notes, calendars, etc.
- This software is capable of repairing corrupted PST file on different versions of Windows such as Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows 2003, etc.
- It also repairs password protected and encrypted PST file.
- It repairs corrupted PST file on different versions of Outlook such as 2003, 2007, 2010, etc.
- This software is capable of repairing oversized PST file. For example, Outlook 2007 PST file gets corrupt when it reaches its size to 20 GB or more then 20 GB.