The SD cards are the storage devices used in many digital storage devices like cell phones, cameras, PSPs, camcorders. These use the latest technology to save data in it. The files are stored in digital format. The SD cards help you to save files in high quality. The card can store different media files. SD card can be plugged in and removed easily on the slots of the devices. Thus making data transfer easy. You can transfer the files on SD card via Bluetooth also if the device supports. There are lots of benefits of using SD card as the storage drive.
At times, you may get an error message while using the SD card. The message reads that the card needs to be formatted to be used. If you click on yes then also you will not be able to access the card. You will lose all the data on the computer. The error is because of the card corruption. What can be done then? Have you lost the data forever? Can’t you get back those files? These questions arise on your mind and you will be disturbed. You had all your important data on the SD card. The pictures of family trip, the videos of your birthday party, etc. You just can’t imagine of losing those files. Do not worry as there is solution for this. You can use the recovery software to recover SDxC card or SD card. SD Card Recovery Software helps you to recover files effectively.
Reasons for SD card corruption:
The SD card may get corrupted for several reasons. Some are given here:
- The digital device may be showing low battery signal and you may be continuing using it. Then the SD card may get corrupted and you will lose the data in it.
- You may turn off the electronic device when the data to the SD card is still being written, as there is some delay between read and write. In that case, the SD card may get corrupt
- You may abruptly pull the SD card out of the electronic device when the device is still ‘ON’. Then also you will lose the files from SD card.
- When you improperly remove the SD card from the computer while the files are being transferred, then also SD card will be corrupted.
- You should not use the SD card on different hosts frequently else you will end up with card corruption. The File System may get corrupted and you will lose the data on the SD card.
- You may remove the SD card without turning off the electronic device. This is also a reason for SD card corruption.
Due to the above reasons, the File System of the SD card gets corrupted. The File System may also get corrupted due to virus infection. In that case, the SD card becomes inaccessible and you will lose the data in it. The files will not be visible on the user interface but the data will be still present on the SD card. You should use recovery software to get back the files on it. The recovery software reads the data from the physical drive of the SD card and displays the files.
Important features of SD Card Recovery Software:
The SD Card Recovery Software helps you to retrieve files from corrupted SD card. You can recover the media files like pictures, videos, audios, etc. You can plug in the SD card to the system having Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP as the software supports these OS. There is special version of the software for even Mac computers. You can make use of that if you are a Mac user. The software even helps in microSD card restoration. You can also recover files from SD card, SDHC card, SDxC cards, CF card, iPod, flash drive, etc. using the software. The software has numerous helpful features. Try the demo version of the software to have the great experience of recovery.
Precautionary measures to be taken to avoid SD card corruption:
- Always safe eject the SD card when connected on the computer.
- Avoid using the devices to capture any data when battery is low.
- Do not use the SD card on different hosts continuously.
- Turn off the device before removing the SD card from it.