If there is any problem in signing in with your Apple ID password, in order to reset it you need to use these steps and regain access to your account.
You need to use your Apple ID and is the account which is used for everything you do with Apple such as signing in to iCloud, shopping the iTunes Store, buying an app and many more. The email address of your Apple ID is mandatory to reset the password. Here are few ways to find out your Apple ID when you are not sure of which email address is it.
Reset Your Password:
To reset the password you need to go to your Apple ID account page and click Forgot on to Apple password or ID. Here enter your Apple ID and then click on to Next.
Here are some ways you can change your password after you enter your Apple ID.
Answer your security questions:
Select “Answer security questions”, if you know the answer to your security questions and then follow the steps to reset your password.
Use email authentication:
There will be a option called “Get an email”, if you select it then an email will be sent to your primary or rescue email address, that can be used to reset your password.
If you use two-step verification:
You can use it to change your password for two-step verification set up. You just need a trusted device and a recovery key. Now just follow these steps:
- Enter the Recovery Key.
- Choose a trusted device and for that a verification code will be sent.
- Once you receive the verification code, enter it.
- Set a new password and then select Reset Password.
You can’t change your password once you permanently lost your recovery key or access to your trusted device.
If you use two-factor authentication:
You can reset or change your password from your trusted iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, when you have two-factor authentication and follow these steps:
- Go to Settings and go to iCloud.
- Here tap your name.
- In that tap Password & Security.
- Go to Change Password and enter a new password.
But these steps will work from a trusted device that too with a device passcode enabled. You can reset your password when you don’t have access to a trusted device. For that follow these steps:
- Enter your Apple ID in iforgot.apple.com.
- Enter the trusted phone number and click Continue.
- The verification code will be sent to your trusted phone number and then enter it.
- In additional account information request, provide the additional account.
- Finally choose your new password.
After you reset your password:
You will be prompted to sign in with the new password; this is after you reset the password.