External hard drives are used extensively because of the size factor as the users want to store more number of data and they prefer carrying it. Due to its extensive use, there are a possible number of data loss scenarios too. So you might think what is the actual way to recover data after western digital external hard drive not formatted error. There is a way to recover files and this is by the use of a software named Remo Recover which does its job perfectly. If you want to see a visual demonstration, then you can watch this YouTube video to figure out how.
Steps to Recover Data from WD External Hard Drive
Recovering data is made simpler by the use of Remo Recover tool as this can be used conveniently without any difficulties as this uses a simple interface to perform recovery of data. Follow the below step by step guide to recover data from Western Digital external hard drive.
- Install Remo Recover software on your Windows computer and run it as the main software window appears on the screen.
- This is a simple wizard where you need to simply provide instructions in recovering data.
- Connect your Western Digital external hard drive on the computer in which you have installed Remo Recover.
- Provide instructions such as whether you want lost partition recovery or deleted partition recovery and select the drive i.e., your WD hard drive and finish the next steps.
- After completing all steps in the recovery wizard, the final step will be choosing the output destination folder for recovery.
- Activate the software license to get the benefit of saving the recovered files on your disk.
Key Features of Remo Recover Software
- The tool will be able to recover data from external hard drives as well as internal hard drives. The supported file systems are FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, NTFS5 and ExFAT drives.
- It is not only limited to recovering data from Western Digital hard drives but also from a variety of hard drives such as Seagate, Toshiba, LaCie, etc.
- The tool can give a preview of recovered data prior to saving them on your hard drive. Also, it enables the user to save the recovery session which helps in restoring data easily by loading them whenever you want.
- The software performs recovery in a fast pace as it uses unique algorithms which run efficiently scanning each and every sector in the hard drive.
- The tool can able to recover formatted, lost or deleted hard drive data and even works in corrupted drive data.
What Causes WD Not formatted Error?
- Trojan and malware infections on your Windows computer.
- Error, disruption or disconnection of the external hard drive while formatting the external hard drive.
- Due to sudden power loss while installing an OS or during any critical Windows update can cause not formatted error.
- Interruption in the transfer of files from one storage media to western digital hard drive or vice versa causes this error.
You can always use Remo Recover when you face issues of any kind such as lost or deleted data from all types of physical disk drives.